"document scan" does not work properly for me

Hi everybody,

I remember there was a possibility to scan documents with EN with the camera of the mobile

Now when I push on the camera icon (there is no other icon of "document scan") it bring me to my camera photo as it is (exactly the same when I take a photo), nothing special about EN of document scanning !

I have a basic account on Galaxy S7 phone

What I am doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There is an iPhone product called 'Scannable' which does pretty much what it says on the can,  but we Androids have never had anything other than the app camera.  If you have a large round dot in the bottom centre of your screen,  that's the manual option;  you can change that to automatic by tapping a white square at top right.  Manual takes a picture and saves it to a note.  Automatic tries to get the edges of an item you're imaging,  and will process that at the best resolution for OCR.  It doesn't produce a PDF file though - you;d need a separate app like CamScanner for that.

How to capture handwriting and scan documents with your phone

Hi, thanks a much for your reply.

I have no large round neither nothing that I had before (EV camera app), now it launch the photo app  (exactly the same when I take a photos), if I take the photo it will be added to EV as .jpg image.

I remember that before I had a different interface (as you describe it, with large round dot, etc.).

What's happened with my EN meantime ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Check Evernote > (All Notes,  3 dots menu) > Settings > Camera to make sure 'Activate Multi-Shot' is ticked - that's the Evernote camera rather than the device camera.

If that is ticked you should see this sort of view from the camera.  (It's out of focus because I rocked it taking the screenshot...;))

Big button for manual shots - small white box will switch between that and auto.  If you don't see the button,  hold the camera still,  with the object you want to image in the frame.  A 'target' box should appear around it when you have the image steady enough.  You need good light and a contrasting background...

Picture.jpg

Thanks a much gazumped ! 

You are the king !

Now everythinh is OK, I am so glad.

By the way, this setting is really not obvious  'Activate Multi-Shot' means something different for me. Before to come on the forum with my question, I have searched to find solution by myself and of course I have seen a camera setting but  'Activate Multi-Shot' was not the solution from my point of view.

Anyway, now it's working.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

• Level 5
On 12/22/2016 at 3:32 AM, dzik said:

By the way, this setting is really not obvious  'Activate Multi-Shot' means something different for me. Before to come on the forum with my question, I have searched to find solution by myself and of course I have seen a camera setting but  'Activate Multi-Shot' was not the solution from my point of view.

I agree, "Activate Multi-Shot" sounds like it takes multiple images in succession or something, not at all like the setting to use the Evernote camera feature rather than the phone's camera.

Archived