Adding Notes When Clipping Article

Stacie

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, Stacie said:

Can you add your own notes when clipping article and saving it as a note?  Also, can you clip multiple pieces of an article and have it save into 1 note?  

Clipping on my Mac, I can specify Notebook, Tag, Remarks

On my iPad I can specify Title, Notebook, Tag

I can't do multiple pieces with the web clipper

Another option I have is the Evernote Helper app which allows for screen clips.  I can do multiple clips with that tool

If you want to add your own notes on a clipped article, try OneNote. It allows free-form editing, which means you can add marginalia at the sides of the clipped article. It also has a web-clipper. It may not be as good as Evernote web-clipper but for most part it works just fine.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Ex_User said:

...try OneNote...It also has a web-clipper. It may not be as good as Evernote web-clipper but for most part it works just fine.

Can you add your own notes when clipping article and saving it as a note?  Also, can you clip multiple pieces of an article and have it save into 1 note?  

13 hours ago, Ex_User said:

If you want to add your own notes on a clipped article, try OneNote. It allows free-form editing, which means you can add marginalia at the sides of the clipped article. It also has a web-clipper. It may not be as good as Evernote web-clipper but for most part it works just fine.

This free-form editing is possibly the biggest annoyance with the onenote web clipper.  What you're in fact doing is taking a screen shot of your article and writing over it.  It's the same as having layers in photoshop.  If you ever need to go into the actual article you clipped, for instance to remove comments or advertisements, it is impossible because it is a picture. Good luck on copying some text and using it somewhere else (yes, there's a work around which works 50% of the time). Also, don't clip from your phone or you have an itty bitty tiny picture.  So, no for the most part, the onenote web clipper does not work, it sucks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, zotje said:

This free-form editing is possibly the biggest annoyance with the onenote web clipper.

I also avoid editing the clipping content in Evernote
There's usually a lot of underlying html code and it gets messed up
In fact, I usually convert the content to pdf so it remains intact

So. if I add comments - it remains separate from the original content
You can add annotations to the pdf, but it remains a separate layer

Archived