Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have some notebooks that I'm going to export because I no longer need them anymore. I'd like to be able to access them online.

I have a VPS hosting account on GoDaddy. I know how to install WordPress on my directory but I don't know how HTML websites work for this case.

Do you think that exporting some of my notebooks as HTML and upload it on one of my directories would let me see it online? I understand that i would need to create a domain/subdomain, and all that. 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 2016-12-17 at 1:56 PM, Aurora A. said:

I have some notebooks that I'm going to export because I no longer need them anymore. I'd like to be able to access them online.

I have a VPS hosting account on GoDaddy. I know how to install WordPress on my directory but I don't know how HTML websites work for this case.

Do you think that exporting some of my notebooks as HTML and upload it on one of my directories would let me see it online? I understand that i would need to create a domain/subdomain, and all that. 

I don't use WordPress.  Can you explain the features you're looking for

I'm simply exporting my data in HTML format to a cloud drive
I use a spreadsheet for an index/table-of-contents and metadata
The notes are viewable in a browser, and for the most part look the same as the original notes
The attachment files are exported along with the notes

This gives me a backup completely independent of Evernote
Being on a cloud drive, I have access on my Mac, iPad and Web

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 2:15 PM, DTLow said:

I'm simply exporting my data in HTML format to a cloud drive
I use a spreadsheet for an index/table-of-contents and metadata
The notes are viewable in a browser, and for the most part look the same as the original notes
The attachment files are exported along with the notes

What is the cloud drive you are using? 

Do you think that if I upload it to my server, unpack it, it'll be good to go? 

I'm trying to make the notes the same as the original as I have a lot of pictures in each note. 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Aurora A. said:

What is the cloud drive you are using? 

Do you think that if I upload it to my server, unpack it, it'll be good to go? 

I'm trying to make the notes the same as the original as I have a lot of pictures in each note. 

I'm an Apple user (fanboy) so it's iCloud, but it could easily be Dropbox or Google Drive

The export creates the files as it goes - no unpacking required.

The html format is very close to the Evernote format, so the notes should look the same.

You chould try a small number of notes to see how it goes.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 12/17/2016 at 2:56 PM, Aurora A. said:

I have some notebooks that I'm going to export because I no longer need them anymore. I'd like to be able to access them online.

I have a VPS hosting account on GoDaddy. I know how to install WordPress on my directory but I don't know how HTML websites work for this case.

Do you think that exporting some of my notebooks as HTML and upload it on one of my directories would let me see it online? I understand that i would need to create a domain/subdomain, and all that. 

Have you considered creating a new basic account and moving the notebooks there?  Just depends upon the size of the notebooks.  You can move notes over at 60MB a month if more than 60MB.  Or you could buy a month of plus or premium in the new account to do it.  Upside is you have the same access method.  I did this last year when I move 5GB out of my main account, paid for a month of premium to get it done in one fell swoop.  FWIW.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, csihilling said:

Have you considered creating a new basic account and moving the notebooks there?  Just depends upon the size of the notebooks.  You can move notes over at 60MB a month if more than 60MB.  Or you could buy a month of plus or premium in the new account to do it.  Upside is you have the same access method.  I did this last year when I move 5GB out of my main account, paid for a month of premium to get it done in one fell swoop.  FWIW.

 

Sorry, a basic account where?

Link to post
On 1/6/2017 at 3:51 PM, DTLow said:

I'm an Apple user (fanboy) so it's iCloud, but it could easily be Dropbox or Google Drive

The export creates the files as it goes - no unpacking required.

The html format is very close to the Evernote format, so the notes should look the same.

You chould try a small number of notes to see how it goes.

 

I haven't had any luck opening the files as an html file on google drive. My school gives me basically unlimited storage on gdrive, 1 TB for One drive, and none for dropbox. lol 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Aurora A. said:

I haven't had any luck opening the files as an html file on google drive.

That's odd, I chose html because its ubiquitous - mostly any web browser can open it

Some users also export to pdf, also ubiquitous 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...