Unwanted Evernote Screen Popups

Bob Krupka

Whenever I log in to Firefox, an unwanted Evernote screen with tips, suggestions, and sales pitches pops up in a new tab. I have unchecked all notifications for my account, but they still popus. I wrote to Support, and got back unrelated jibberish about forthcoming upgrades.

How can I stop Evernote from spamming my web browser with unwanted pop ups?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If this is Clipper related spam you may not be completely up to date with the current clipper version which AFAIK should be 6.10.2 in Firefox.  If your spam is not to do with Clipper,  can you screenshot some examples,  or give us some more details about the content?

• 2 months later...

I'm using firefox webclipper 6.10.20 and I still see the tips EVERY time I load a pdf in my browser. Part of my job implies opening pdf multiple times in a day. Those constant "reminders" have gone from mildly annoying to infuriating.

Webclipper is useful, but it's not worth it. I've seen forums post from 2015 telling about this issue. I will remove the extension if it is not fixed.

Clearly not considering buying a product that annoys me that much.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AxisTheGreat said:

I still see the tips EVERY time I load a pdf in my browser

Hi.  Something is definitely odd then;  yours is the only comment I've seen about this lately.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the clipper?  Checking out another browser?  There are a couple of new browser versions out there somewhere waiting for approval,  but I'm not sure this is one of the fixes they address...

Archived