Notes Messed Up on Web, Fine on Desktop

JoeMD

Hello folks,

I've been doing some freelance work and need to forward all emails I've sent and received during this work to the employer. Obviously I've been saving these into Evernote as it's much easier to organise and sort than simply forwarding a bunch of stuff. My plan was to send the employer the notebook link so they could view the emails. However, I've noticed that many of the emails' text has become all squished into a weird format when looking at them on the web, but appear fine in the desktop version of the program. I can't send them to my employer in an unreadable state so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've included screenshots of both the web and desktop apps with the same note open.

Web - 

evernote_web.png

Desktop - 

Desctop screenshot.png

P.S. Just checked the Android app and the notes appear perfectly on there too, so it's just the web version that is looking weird. Will check it in a few other browsers to see if it's a Chrome only thing.

• Level 5*

Hi.  When you think about it,  your email has been translated from the original code,  to Evernote's display language and then back to HTML for the web page,  so it's not surprising that there may be anomalies in the way it displays on one platform or another.  If other web browsers are just as bad,  you could try 'printing' your note(s) to PDF and attaching the PDF files to another set of notes for sharing.  There are a few other variations of process using PDF files - including using the print to PDF option for any email you plan to share rather than the clipping feature.  ^_^

Sorry to bump this older topic, but I have found an easy solution. Strangely, it seems that if I edit a note in the desktop app and then re-sync it sorts out the net version. Weird, but very useful info.

Archived