Default Style operations

• Level 5*

Currently, you can paste text into a note using Ctrl+V (any style in the clipped text is used, otherwise the current style), and you can Paste And Match Style using Ctrl+Shift+V (give the pasted text the style at the current cursor location, so that it blends in), but sometimes I want to be able to Paste Using Default Style: paste using the default style as configured in Tools / Options / Note / Note Font.

Also, a way to quickly change the current style back to Default Style, overriding whatever style is current, so that you can continue typing in the default style.

• 1 month later...

I think that this is what I want also. One of my biggest frustrations with Evernote is that when I paste something, I want it to be in the default font that I have already chosen. In other words, when I do the universal paste shortcut, Control+V, I would like it to paste in my Note Font preference instead of having to remember to do Control+Shift+V for "Paste & Match Style". I can't tell you how many times I have pasted and then had to delete it and repaste it (using "Paste & Match Style" either from the menu or using the hotkey) to get the font I want. I never want it to paste using the original style of the text, so I would really like this to be easier. 

• Level 5*
On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 1:22 AM, LaurelV said:

I think that this is what I want also. One of my biggest frustrations with Evernote is that when I paste something, I want it to be in the default font that I have already chosen. In other words, when I do the universal paste shortcut, Control+V, I would like it to paste in my Note Font preference instead of having to remember to do Control+Shift+V for "Paste & Match Style". I can't tell you how many times I have pasted and then had to delete it and repaste it (using "Paste & Match Style" either from the menu or using the hotkey) to get the font I want. I never want it to paste using the original style of the text, so I would really like this to be easier. 

It seems like you are not asking for the same thing as jefito, who doesn't want to match the style. Your "problem" sounds like it can be solved in the Options menu, if you tick "Show advanced options" at the bottom, and then tick "Swap Ctrl+V..." in the "Shortcut keys" tab.

gustavgi, Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I have not been using Evernote for very long and while I did look at the options, I did not notice the tickbox for the Advanced Options that you mentioned. I am so happy to have this frustration solved!

Archived