don't want to publish one notebook

Larry Notes

At the home office, I rely upon the extensive contact information stored on my PC.  It's all in text files..  When traveling, I refer to an abbreviated version that I create on the PC Evernote file and then publish it to Evernote on my cell phone.

For a new set of notes of emails containing hyperlinks to the web, I started to assemble them with OneNote via copy & paste.  Thanks to unexpected Microsoft BS, this did not go as I liked, and then I read that Evernote can do the job as well or better.  However, this note set is intended for the desktop only and is not to be published to the phone along with my other Evernote notes when I update them.

Can I segregate these new notes from the others so that they stay put on my local machine?  If so, how?  Is a second instance of Evernote possible on the desktop?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Larry Notes said:

Can I segregate these new notes from the others so that they stay put on my local machine?  If so, how?  

On Windows/Mac platforms, you can define a Notebook as "Local" and the notes do not get synced to the Evernote servers

You should make sure you have backup processes in place

Archived