Snippet View Not Showing Text

Running Evernote for Mac 6.10

I've been having a problem with snippet (and card) view not showing text previews for most of my notes. The note looks normal otherwise, but the snippet only seems to show up after I edit/update the particular note (meaning just selecting and then deselecting the note doesn't force the previews to show).

Text previews show up on fine on iOS.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

Hi @theberserkfury,

It looks like this issue is resolved in the next beta version of Evernote for Mac.

I don't have a specific date when the beta will be released but if you'd like to switch to the beta track, go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

You'll then be notified in app when the beta version is released. Likewise, you can manually check for updates by going to Help > Check for Updates in the app or by checking for updates in our forum here.

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your response!

I would like to switch to the beta track, but I'm not seeing that option in Evernote's preferences window (I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing) or under the Help menu. Is there another preferences window I can access?

Thanks again!

2016-12-09 01.58.27 pm.jpg

Hey @theberserkfury - Are you by any chance using the Mac App Store version of Evernote? You can check this by navigating to Evernote > About Evernote. If you see the Evernote version number followed by (MAS), you'll need to reinstall the direct download version to see the ability to jump on the beta track. To reinstall Evernote for Mac, follow these steps:

1. If Evernote is running, press Command + Q to quit the Evernote app
  2. Open the Applications folder and drag Evernote to the Trash
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl + Click) on the Trash and select Empty Trash
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Download and install Evernote for Mac from www.evernote.com/download
  6. Drag the Evernote icon into your Applications folder
  7. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

I hope that helps, sorry for not clarifying that in my original post. Let me know if you have any questions!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 2:37 PM, amanda_h said:

Hi @theberserkfury,

It looks like this issue is resolved in the next beta version of Evernote for Mac.

I don't have a specific date when the beta will be released but if you'd like to switch to the beta track, go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

You'll then be notified in app when the beta version is released. Likewise, you can manually check for updates by going to Help > Check for Updates in the app or by checking for updates in our forum here.

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Do we just need to wait for this beta?

I've been having this issue for months and after searching have found threads for it as far back as 2014. Some of the proposed solutions are no longer applicable.

No amount of uninstall/reinstalling, or deleting database files or whatever to force Evernote to rebuild, has fixed it for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 12/9/2016 at 1:37 PM, amanda_h said:

@amanda_h, Sorry, I am unable to use EN Mac BETA releases because they usually contain too many BUGS that break my essential workflows.

When will this fix be released in a PRODUCTION version of EN Mac that has been thoroughly tested?

On 1/29/2017 at 4:56 PM, JMichaelTX said:

@amanda_h, Sorry, I am unable to use EN Mac BETA releases because they usually contain too many BUGS that break my essential workflows.

When will this fix be released in a PRODUCTION version of EN Mac that has been thoroughly tested?

Hey @JMichaelTX, we don't have a firm timeline of when the 6.11 GA will be released but it should be sometime this month.

Archived