Why so inconvenient search inside note?

When I press Ctrl-F and type in search string and press Enter application highlights all entries and scrolls to the first one. But I can't start editing there using keyboard - if I press escape, the view jumps back to where cursor was before I have pressed Ctrl-F to start search. I only have to click the entry with my mouse to go there. 

I thought I could hack the system using Ctrl-G - no way. It would open search window again and jump back again when it's closed.

Is there any reason for not moving cursor to found entry?

I posted about this instance of random cursor leap in the Help forums a while back, but nobody from Evernote has responded. 

I'm not a premium user, but if you are, you might have better luck signing in here and sending a support ticket or launching a chat.

Aside from that, I hear that tweeting can sometimes get Evernote's attention, though I haven't tried this myself.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

I posted about this instance of random cursor leap in the Help forums a while back, but nobody from Evernote has responded. 

This doesn't appear to be a random cursor jump; it keeps the cursor in the same place as it was when you initiated the search. It would be nice if it actually moved along with the search result (providing the searched text is found). Upvoting.

3 minutes ago, jefito said:

This doesn't appear to be a random cursor jump; it keeps the cursor in the same place as it was when you initiated the search. It would be nice if it actually moved along with the search result (providing the searched text is found). Upvoting.

I can't remember all the details of what I put in that thread, but the jump felt random. Not that I did perfectly controlled experiments, but I tried putting my cursor in various places before opening the "find within note" bar and closing that bar sent the cursor to the top of the note about 50% of the time and elsewhere about 50% of the time. Sometimes it would send me back to where the cursor was before the search and sometimes not.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

but I tried putting my cursor in various places before opening the "find within note" bar and closing that bar sent the cursor to the top of the note about 50% of the time and elsewhere about 50% of the time.

Hmmm, I didn't see that behavior, and the original poster didn't comment on it, so fair enough. If they're related and they both get fixed by the same change, that would be great.

Archived