Favorites

geriskin

Idea

Hi fellows,

I would like to write a feature request. I need to pin (or favorite) some notes to go back and check out again.

BTW I'm not talking about shortcut feature, it's limited and it's only some specific / important notes. What I need is to see the favorites like a notebook view. (You can think as a natural notebook actually that works with pinning like Evernote save for later)

Thanks.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, geriskin said:

I would like to write a feature request. I need to pin (or favorite) some notes to go back and check out again.

BTW I'm not talking about shortcut feature, it's limited and it's only some specific / important notes. What I need is to see the favorites like a notebook view. (You can think as a natural notebook actually that works with pinning like Evernote save for later)

There are many requests for this; along with manual sort sequences.
So far, the only feature for pinning notes is the Shortcut and Reminder areas

You mentioned Notebooks; I'm not a big Notebook user, but I need notes at the top in various saved searches.  

• My work-around is to switch to title sequence, and use prefixes to control the sequence.
    For example "-Favourite" puts the note at the top
  • Level 5*

On the web client (this is the forum for the Evernote Web client), the nearest thing to pinned notes would be notes with reminders. They live in a separate list at the top of a notebook's note list, and can be ordered in several ways, including "Custom", which means that you can order them yourself.

I guess I don't understand the need to build extra functionality for something that already exists in the app.  As others have mentioned, you can use reminders to sort of pin the notes to the top. When it comes to accessing certain notes I use all the time (Favorites), I have a unique tag "+8^)" that I apply. It's also my first shortcut and is easily accessible with keyboard shortcuts on Mac and Windows.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, righteousdork said:

I guess I don't understand the need to build extra functionality for something that already exists in the app.

Our "understanding" or agreement isn't important.

This is a feature request, and you can add  your vote, or not
(voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

Suggesting work-arounds is also a  valid response
I don't use the reminder area, but rely on a favourites tag, and title prefix

Archived