Keyboard shortcut (Web Clipper): How do you delete one?

ps42

Please forgive a rookie question, but I've searched the forum with no luck.  

In Chrome, in the Options | Keyboard shortcuts page for Web Clipper, how do you completely delete a shortcut?  

Clicking in a field and pressing Delete, of course, simply sets DEL as the new shortcut.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the configuration page I'm referring to, which is simply the screen you arrive at in Chrome by right-clicking the elephant icon, clicking "Options," and then clicking "Keyboard shortcuts."

There are several features on this page that I don't want to ever use, and don't want any key assigned to them, in order to minimize the incidence of fat-fingering undesired activity.  

(For example, I've inadvertently pressed E a couple of times, bringing up my Outlook client, which of course prompts me for logon and takes a few clicks to get out of.)

Does anyone know how to completely remove the keyboard shortcut for a given feature?  Thanks so much for any help.  Screenshot attached.

Bruce Clemence

Web Clipper Keyboard shortcuts page in Chrome.jpg

• Level 5*
On 12/5/2016 at 10:05 AM, ps42 said:

In Chrome, in the Options | Keyboard shortcuts page for Web Clipper, how do you completely delete a shortcut?

I agree.  Evernote needs to provide an option to remove a shortcut for any setting.  Not having this is a major oversight in good design UI.

@Evernote, @rubenb:  Please provide us with the option to disable or remove the shortcut for any of the shortcuts listed for the Evernote Web Clipper.

Archived