Stop Synching for a certain folder

zwiener

Idea

Hi there,

I got a few folders that I use and I got one that I automatically pipe every email into. That folder is huge by now and I don't want to synch it down to my mac client. I did not find a way to do this but I might just be missing something obvious? Any Tipps?

Cheers
Mike

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2016-12-05 at 3:54 AM, zwiener said:

I got a few folders that I use and I got one that I automatically pipe every email into. That folder is huge by now and I don't want to synch it down to my mac client. I did not find a way to do this but I might just be missing something obvious? Any Tipps?

I moved the discussion from the IOS forum to the Mac forum

No solutions, but you might check the feedback forum and add your vote to a request for "Selective Notebook Sync"

Currently, by definition the Windows/Mac platforms maintain a complete copy of the notes.

If its a serious problem, you could maintain multiple accounts.
Your Mac account would be a basic account, with only selected notebooks synced.
These would be notebooks shared from your primary account

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are a few options,  but Evernote doesn't 'do' selective sync (yet) - ie you can't keep information online and choose which parts are synced to a local device. 

However.  You could create a new

• Evernote (Plus) account to hold your emails,  and access it via a browser.  You'll have nothing stored locally,  but you'll also rely on Evernote (Google)'s servers to keep your emails safe. 
  • Local Notebook in the existing account to hold your emails - they won't be backed up anywhere else,  but at least they won't sync back and forth.
  • archive notebook and store your older emails offline

Archived