requesting longer space for title in the "as attachment" view

couchpotato

Idea

I decided to use Evernote for keeping all my PDF's which I need for my work as a physician, there are many of them, 5-20 pages each. I decided against Papers-3 because Evernote lets me add personal notes, pictures, movies etc. much more easily and also accomodates all the other relevant information of daily live.
I want to add a couple of PDF's as attachements to each note, some of the notes contain up to 10 PDF's. It quickly gets confusing if I use the "view in line" option, I don't want to scroll through endless pages to get to the PDF at the bottom of the note. I use the view "as attachment" option to get a nice overview of the different PDF's in each note. The problem is, that the space for the title is way too short, so I can't really identify the individual PDF's within a note without actually opening it.  The title of the "in line" view can span the whole width of the screen, which I would also prefer for the "as attachment" view.

I would suggest, that one can choose if the whole title is displayed in the "as attachment" view or not. Like that one could have like a list of PDF or attachment titles in each note. For people in science who deal with lots of PDF's, myself I have over 2000, I am sure this would be very helpful and much appreciated!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, couchpotato said:

The problem is, that the space for the title is way too short, so I can't really identify the individual PDF's within a note without actually opening it.  The title of the "in line" view can span the whole width of the screen, which I would also prefer for the "as attachment" view.

I agree, we should at least have the option of allowing the attachment icon to expand to fit the width of the attachment name, perhaps with a word-wrap at 40 or 60 characters.

Until/IF Evernote provides this enhancement, what I do is to put multiple attachments into a table, and enter a descriptive title above (or below) the attachment icon.

Archived