reminderTime saved search not working web version

Brycegordon

Idea

I have several saved searches that work really well on my computer but none of them are working on the web client. and it involves the reminder time search function. 

As an example I have this one of the searches that works on the windows client but not the web:

notebook:"action pending" tag:@home -tag:3soon -tag:5later -tag:7someday -tag:6waiting -reminderTime:day+1

Can someone please tell me if this is common?

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Brycegordon said:

I have several saved searches that work really well on my computer but none of them are working on the web client. and it involves the reminder time search function. 

Your search works for me.  I set up the notebook:"action pending" and tag:@home
My note was retrieved
When I changed the reminder date to future dated, the task was dropped from the search

Using the web platform on my Mac

hmm i wonder what the problem is then. All searches are working with the reminderTime in my evernote windows client but not on web or android. all searches without the reminderTime do work though. 

I just typed my search out one section at a time in the web version, and it works fine all the way up until I add the remindertime argument and then the search doesn't work. 

Home.action#ses=1&sh=5&sds=5&x=notebook%3A%22action%20pending%22%20tag%3A%40home%20-tag%3A6waiting%20-tag%3A7someday%20-tag%3A5later%20-tag%3A3soon%20-remindertime%3Aday%2B1&.jpg

With further investigation i have found that the search -remindertime:day+1 will search for notes without reminders and notes with today's date as the reminder time in the windows verison. In the web version -remindertime:day+1 will only search for notes that have reminders set with dates in the past, but not notes without reminders.

Am i doing something wrong?

I want to be able to see notes that either have no reminders set or the reminder set for today (in other words excluding notes that need to be done in the future.)

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Brycegordon said:

With further investigation i have found that the search -remindertime:day+1 will search for notes without reminders and notes with today's date as the reminder time in the windows verison. In the web version -remindertime:day+1 will only search for notes that have reminders set with dates in the past, but not notes without reminders.

Am i doing something wrong?

I want to be able to see notes that either have no reminders set or the reminder set for today (in other words excluding notes that need to be done in the future.)

Search -remindertime:day+1 excludes notes with no reminder date on my Mac/iPad/Web platforms

>>I want to be able to see notes that either have no reminders set or the reminder set for today (in other words excluding notes that need to be done in the future.)

That is do-able, a simple OR search, but then you're adding AND items (Notebook, tag)
On my platforms, I would have to do two searches

fwiw  In my task list, all my current tasks have a date
If I start on a task, it gets today's date
Also, My search excludes completed tasks (-reminderDoneTime:*)

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Brycegordon said:

I you only want notes with reminders, try adding reminderorder:* to the search as a workaround.  That will limit the search to only reminder notes.

That being said, why your described search works differently on on two platforms is a mystery.

Solved: 

Matt W. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Dec 4, 15:42 PST

Hello Bryce,

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support!

My name is Matt and I will be assisting you with this searching inconsistency you are experiencing. When searching for future dated items in Evernote, both the Evernote website and the Evernote applications on mobile devices will not register these terms.

This is something the team is currently looking into integrating into both. In the meantime, you can search for future dated terms in both the Evernote application for Windows and for Mac.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Matt W.

• Level 5*

Hmmm, not always.  The following saved search for remainders in the next 7 days works for me on Windows and IOS, and it contains a future dated term.  It doesn't have any tags in the mix though???

-reminderdonetime:* remindertime:day -remindertime:day+8

8 hours ago, csihilling said:

Hmmm, not always.  The following saved search for remainders in the next 7 days works for me on Windows and IOS, and it contains a future dated term.  It doesn't have any tags in the mix though???

-reminderdonetime:* remindertime:day -remindertime:day+8

Interesting.

Yeah my search works fine on windows client but not on the web or android. and it is explained by Matt W in the quote in my previous message.

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, Brycegordon said:

Interesting.

Yeah my search works fine on windows client but not on the web or android. and it is explained by Matt W in the quote in my previous message.

Just saying the next 7 day search I show above works on IOS and would seem to not fully align with @Matt W.'s statement.  So there might be something more to explain your issue beyond future dated reminder search issues on the web and mobile.  Assuming I am reading it correctly. 

"When searching for future dated items in Evernote, both the Evernote website and the Evernote applications on mobile devices will not register these terms.

Archived