Sorting by tags using an OR command

If I want to see all notes with tag1 and either tag2 or tag3, how would I run a search for that? Does Evernote allow for OR filtering, and not just AND filtering?

Everything with tag2 happens to in one notebook and everything with tag3 happens to be in another notebook so another method that might work is a command to search for notes with a tag1 that are inside notebook1 or notebook2, but I don't know how to run a search for that either. 

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, rmresearch said:

If I want to see all notes with tag1 and either tag2 or tag3, how would I run a search for that? Does Evernote allow for OR filtering, and not just AND filtering?

Everything with tag2 happens to in one notebook and everything with tag3 happens to be in another notebook so another method that might work is a command to search for notes with a tag1 that are inside notebook1 or notebook2, but I don't know how to run a search for that either. 

As you found out, you can't do And/Or searches

You can't search for multiple notebooks, but if you put the notebooks in a stack, you can include the stack in the search, so    Stack: xxx Tag:1 

My process is to use a two step process
First search tag2 tag3 and assign a temporary tag
Then search tag1 and the temporary tag

See      Evernote Search Grammar fpr search documentation

Archived