Saving Multiple Scans to Separate Notes

C&R

I use Scannable to scan all of our receipts, then throw the receipts away. I scan to an "Inbox" Notebook, then go back later and rename with the date of the receipt and name of the store.

Currently, I scan each receipt individually, then hit save to Evernote. Is there a way to scan a bunch of receipts, then hit save to Evernote, and have them save as separate notes, rather than all on one big page?

Is there an easier way to handle receipts than this process?

To add to this... I also have Genius Scan, but haven't used it much besides a quick test, in which I can easily scan several receipts at once, then save them individually, which is what I would like to do with Scannable. Scannable's quality seems a bit better, though, so I would rather use that, unless someone has other suggestions. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Scannable is a mobile app with a specific use profile.  Bulk scanning is a bit out of its league.  You'd need to use a desktop scanner which can save files in the way that you want.  I use a Fujitsu ScanSnap which is way overqualified for this sort of use,  but it will save many scans to one file,  or to many files,  and has options for JPG and PDF.  (JPG files can't support more than one page per picture.)  You have a choice to make I'm afraid - stay with your current process,  upgrade your scanner, or live with the current quality levels...

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-30 at 7:21 AM, C&R said:

Currently, I scan each receipt individually, then hit save to Evernote. Is there a way to scan a bunch of receipts, then hit save to Evernote, and have them save as separate notes, rather than all on one big page?

Is there an easier way to handle receipts than this process?

This seems the best way to do  the scanning; scan each receipt individually

You could use a pdf app to divide a combined pdf, but that seems like extra work

Archived