Public link vs Classic note link

coachmac

Any security difference ?

When using Taskclone (Evernote -> Toodledo) it creates the Classic note link but this is less useful than the Public link because, this way, you don’t have the [View in Evernote] option on the web page. 

Thanks you!

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, coachmac said:

Any security difference ?

I suppose the public link is less secure because it's .... public, but it's doubtful if anyone but you will know the url 

You could always open the note and generate the public link yourself

I got the opposite.(only using the web here). With the Classic Link I cannot open the link in the web app.

The best solution would be to install the Application software on every machine in my work environment. Is the Evernote Database secure when you disconnect from your account? Is the Database encrypted?

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-29 at 3:22 PM, coachmac said:

I got the opposite.(only using the web here). With the Classic Link I cannot open the link in the web app.

The best solution would be to install the Application software on every machine in my work environment. Is the Evernote Database secure when you disconnect from your account? Is the Database encrypted?

I didn't consider the issue with Classic in-app links in a web environment.

Theres actually three types of links; Classic in-app, Private Browser, Public Browser
I think you're looking for the Private Browser link

Archived