tag lost after deleting duplicated tag and syncing

After deleting one duplicated tag (resulting from syncing error) on my computer A and syncing on both computers (A and B), the notes lost that tag, and the tag and the duplicated one disappear simutaneously on my computer B, which really frustrates me since I could no longer pick these notes out with the tag QAQ

How to recover the tag for those notes? Many thanks

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Ericth said:

After deleting one duplicated tag (resulting from syncing error) on my computer A and syncing on both computers (A and B), the notes lost that tag, and the tag and the duplicated one disappear simutaneously on my computer B, which really frustrates me since I could no longer pick these notes out with the tag QAQ

How to recover the tag for those notes? Many thanks

Only ways I can think of are manual.  If they were the only tag on the notes do a -tag:* search to find notes without any tags.  If there is any like text in the notes, search for that.  If there were other tags typically associated with the notes containing the tag, search those other tags.  Then re-tag as appropriate.

If this happens again, hopefully not, tag all of the notes containing the tag or the duplicate tag with a new tag and sync on all platforms.  Then make sure all notes have the new tag on all platforms.  Then delete the tag and the duplicate tag and sync on all platforms.  Check that the tag and duplicate tag are gone.  Then you can rename the new tag to the old tag name if you like.  In this way you won't lose the notes associated with tag.

On 2016/11/30 at 1:02 AM, csihilling said:

Only ways I can think of are manual.  If they were the only tag on the notes do a -tag:* search to find notes without any tags.  If there is any like text in the notes, search for that.  If there were other tags typically associated with the notes containing the tag, search those other tags.  Then re-tag as appropriate.

If this happens again, hopefully not, tag all of the notes containing the tag or the duplicate tag with a new tag and sync on all platforms.  Then make sure all notes have the new tag on all platforms.  Then delete the tag and the duplicate tag and sync on all platforms.  Check that the tag and duplicate tag are gone.  Then you can rename the new tag to the old tag name if you like.  In this way you won't lose the notes associated with tag.

Thanks for your suggestion. It really helps:)

Archived