Selecting colors for the note list

In some other applications (Outlook, Lightroom) it's possible to attach a color. It would be great, if I a note has a property, where I can attach a color. In the overview list of the notes the note would be shown with this color (font color or background color or an extra column.

So the user can categorize his notes, and the category would be easy noticeable.

• Level 5*

In the latest Windows version of Evernote, you can assign a Style to a notebook, tag, or shortcut. In a style, you can set a color that's used to mark notes in a note list so that they stand out. Currently it's not possible to assign styles to single notes, unless you have a shortcut to that note, or the note has a tag that's only used on that note. But since you're concerned with categorization, perhaps the current functionality will work for you.

Only categorization is not my idea. I would like to make single notes to stand out in the list. For example I could define the colors as priorities. Red is very important, yellow important and green normal. Yes, I can do this with tags, but they would all look the same in the list.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, GambaJo said:

Only categorization is not my idea. I would like to make single notes to stand out in the list. For example I could define the colors as priorities. Red is very important, yellow important and green normal. Yes, I can do this with tags, but they would all look the same in the list.

If you make a tag red and add that tag to the note, the note turns red in the note list. So it actually works the way you want, you just have to use a tag and call the tags Very important, Important and Normal or whatever.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, GambaJo said:

I tried it with the tag "red" and "rot" (the german word for red), but the note looks like any other note in the list.

You have to right click the tag and select Style, and make the tag red (to the right of the tag name in Style, there is a dotted symbol that let's you chose color). Then notes in the list will then be red if they have that tag.

Archived