Selecting tags in a note like selecting notebooks

When I create a new note, I can choose the notebook, where to store the note. If I cklick on the notebook in the note, I get a list of notebooks even with a search function.

But I can select tags only by typeing them in. Yes, there is a kind of intellisense, but I have to know, which tags I have.

It would be better, if I would get a similar chooser, like the chooser for notebooks.

Please not only in Windows, but also the web and android version.

29-11-_2016_11-34-28.jpg

29-11-_2016_11-34-44.jpg

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, GambaJo said:

When I create a new note, I can choose the notebook, where to store the note. If I cklick on the notebook in the note, I get a list of notebooks even with a search function.

They are different items. Personally I have 5 notebooks, and 400 tags

fwiw  When I start typing the tag, I get a dropdown list of matching tagnames (Mac, iPad)
          - type "a", I get all my "a" tagsScreen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.28.22 AM.png
          - no search
          The Mac also has a taglist in the sidebar, but I rarely use it

16 hours ago, csihilling said:

Not quite the same, but if you pres Ctrl-Alt-T you will get an Assign Tags dialogue with a list of your tags you can scroll through.  Up-voted in any case.

That goes in the direction, I would like to use. But it have to be easier. And I think, this only works in de Windows-Client (maybe on Mac too). But not in Android or iOS.

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

They are different items. Personally I have 5 notebooks, and 400 tags

fwiw  When I start typing the tag, I get a dropdown list of matching tagnames (Mac, iPad)
          - type "a", I get all my "a" tagsScreen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.28.22 AM.png
          - no search
          The Mac also has a taglist in the sidebar, but I rarely use it

I know that. But in this case you have to know, which tags you have.

• Level 5*

I have requested this before, and the developers hinted to a future optional settings option of using the "tag-picker" drop-down menu (Alt-Shift-T) also as the default "assign tag" drop-down. This was some months ago though so I'm not holding my breath any longer.

I think being able to search among your tags without the prefix, and having your result-hit highlighted in yellow, like in the tag-picker, would be a great improvement.

Archived