Lost notes

lemk

I forgot my password, created a new one, logged in and all of my notes are gone! It looks like a brand new account. I've tried logging in with both my username and my email address. I have no other possible accounts that I could have accidentally created a new one. I don't go back and forth between devices I only use it on my desktop downloaded evernote. I did log in on evernote web when I reset my password and then logged out and back in on my desktop to see what was going on because I was trying to add evernote to trello and none of my notes would show up. I have my desktop set to autosync and to my knowledge I've never created a 'local' note so I would think they would all be saved somewhere. Any help please!

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, lemk said:

I forgot my password, created a new one, logged in and all of my notes are gone!

How did you create a new password?  My suspicion is that you created a new account.

The web platform (www.evernote.com) has a "forgot password" link

Hello there community,

I'm reaching out for assistance as I'm unsure how to procede. I've recently updated my version after I'd been using it in offline mode for a long time. I only require the evernote app for recreation so the basic version is all I've needed. The update and sync I performed removed all the notes I'd saved offline, yet those I'd saved previously on the account remained intact. Please help if at all possible and thanks in advance for your efforts.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, lemk said:

Is it possible to create a new account with the same email? I did the forgot password when trying to integrate evernote on to trello. I didn't go through evernote.com. I used the same email though.  

Each Evernote account requires its own email account.

If you log into your account on the web platform, do you see your notes?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Julesp said:

Hello there community,

I'm reaching out for assistance as I'm unsure how to procede. I've recently updated my version after I'd been using it in offline mode for a long time. I only require the evernote app for recreation so the basic version is all I've needed. The update and sync I performed removed all the notes I'd saved offline, yet those I'd saved previously on the account remained intact. Please help if at all possible and thanks in advance for your efforts.

Hi.  If the notes you saved offline were never sent to Evernote,  and were created some time ago,  then it sounds like Evernote synced your account and overwrote the old notes with the only database that it was aware of - the notes that were originally saved and synced even longer ago than the missing ones.  If your upgrade jumped several version numbers,  it's also possible that the current Evernote couldn't read the older database and replaced it.  It sound as though unless you have a backup of the notes (or a full system backup of the computer) those notes are lost.  However I'd suggest a search of the Trash Notebook to make sure they weren't moved there.

Check Evernote Web online too - at Evernote.com - if you sign in there you'll see the server version of your account,  which sometimes contains more information than the local copy.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Julesp said:

Can you identify the platform you use

You issue pointed out a few problems with your process.

• Before doing an update, the sync process should be run 
  • You're using a cloud application and should run the sync process often
    Especially with the mobile apps
  • One of the benefits of Evernote is that your notes are synced and maintained on the Evernote servers
    This provides an automatic backup of your notes

Archived