ScanSnap - Scanned Business Cards into Contacts - how?

When it works, using my ScanSnap with Evernote Desktop (Mac) to import a batch of business cards and turn them into a bunch of contacts is a beautiful thing. However, it seems very fragile - in that sometimes I'm left with a bunch of "Scanned Business Card - MM/DD/YYYY" entries that never get OCR'd, linked to Linked-In, nor added to my "Contacts".

One common thread may be whether or not the scanned card can be immediately synched and/or whether Linked-In web service is accessible.

Can someone describe the process followed by Evernote and what happens immediately, what happens when the sync completes, etc?

One feature that would be VERY helpful in this situation would be to be able to select a bunch of "Scanned Business Card" entries and re-run them through the ocr/linked-in/contacts import process (or to have the sync process automagically detect these entries and "do the right thing".

-D

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

If you're a premium or business user,  the standard app camera function should do the same job as Scannable,  and it should also provide the link to contacts and LinkedIn... at worst it will OCR the card content...

Archived