• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you explain a little more background to this query?  If you're taking pictures to add to a note using the Evernote auto-photo feature,  then the answer is 'No'.  You can change the app settings to use the device camera,  which might offer you more control,  or you could take pictures directly into your photo roll from the device camera - where you have full control over resolution - and then add those pictures to Evernote by 'sharing' from the Gallery.  You could also take Evernote-generated pictures into a third party photo app like Lightroom / Photoshop etc. etc. and save altered results back into the same note to replace the original.

If you're concerned to save high-def pictures,  remember that whatever the saved resolution,  Evernote will convert these files into its Database for storage,  and part of that process seems to reduce the definition of some larger pictures,  presumably to save space.  If you're a photographer,  Evernote is not the best place for pictures.

Gazumped, thank you for responding to my question on Thanksgiving. I really appreciate it. I am a contractor and when I have an appointment with a customer I use Evernote to take multiple pictures with my Galaxy S7. Then I use iPad pro to show those pictures to my customers and make annotations right on the photos. The unfortunate part about the resolution is that I have limited ability to zoom in and show my customer some details. By the way, I'd love to test the idea to switch the camera from Evernote to phone but unfortunately there does not seem to be such option in the settings.

Thanks again for your time.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, OlegCS said:

I'd love to test the idea to switch the camera from Evernote to phone but unfortunately there does not seem to be such option in the settings.

In IOS, we have the option in settings to set the photo size (small, medium, large, actual size).

I think the idea was to not use Evernote to capture your photos.
If you use the camera directly, you're not restricted to Evernote limitations.
Unfortunately, this adds an additional step to the process - you have to import the photos to Evernote

Thank you DTLow,

I didn't realize IOS version was so different. Unfortunately it is not an option for me to take 10-20 pictures with the phone camera for import. It's too time consuming and impractical. My workflow is complicated enough already :)

• Level 5*

Android does have a Settings > Camera > Activate Multishot Camera tickbox that should be checked to take multiple pictures (like several pages) to be added to a note. 

If unticked,  the camera switches back to the device camera - which for me at least gives me a choice of several picture sizes.  To add several pictures to a note though you'd need to take one picture,  let it save to the note,  then tap the camera icon again and take another picture...  and so on.  Try it (if you can) and see.

Archived