How can I search for specific "Stamps" added to an annotated image?

jon.r.rose

Hello, I annotate many images and PDF's in EN.  Of these images/pdf's there are items which are actionable.  I normally indicate actionable items on an image by annotating it with an "Attention" stamp.  My question is, how can I search for any notes that contain the "Attention" stamp as part of the annotation?  

I know I can add a checkbox to the note, and perform a search for any "To Do" items.  I also know that I can use "Tags" in the same fashion.  However, I'm trying to avoid having to use either of those two avenues.

Can searching for a specific "Stamp" in an annotation be done?

• Level 5*

I don't believe there's an option to search for annotated attachments.  You can search for all notes with specific filetype attachments - PDF / JPG etc;  you could search for the word 'attention' though you may get false hits from other documents,  and miss on documents that have the stamp but where it didn't OCR correctly (or yet).  If you can create a stamp that contains a word that is likely to be unique - Xattention forinstance - you could more reliably find these notes,  but what happens when an item is dealt with?  Do you have a 'Processed' stamp too?  If so you could search for notes including xattention but not processed.

All in all my preference in this situation would be to use a checkbox or tags,  but its your system...

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, jon.r.rose said:

Hello, I annotate many images and PDF's in EN.  Of these images/pdf's there are items which are actionable.  I normally indicate actionable items on an image by annotating it with an "Attention" stamp.  My question is, how can I search for any notes that contain the "Attention" stamp as part of the annotation?  

I know I can add a checkbox to the note, and perform a search for any "To Do" items.  I also know that I can use "Tags" in the same fashion.  However, I'm trying to avoid having to use either of those two avenues.

Can searching for a specific "Stamp" in an annotation be done?

Not without printing to another PDF, a PITA.

Archived