Jump to content

Notebook Stack


Recommended Posts

  • Level 5*
16 minutes ago, pikov said:

Evernote seems to want to create notebook stacks, but I guess it's something I am doing. How can I tell Evernote that I do noy want stacks?

For me, Notebook Stacks are only visible if I create a stack.

Where do you want this feature turned off?

Link to post
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, pikov said:

I don't want Evernote to create stacks, period.

On my iPad, to create a Notebook Stack,
I have to go to the Notebook page,
- click on the information button
- click on the stack button
- type a new stack, or existing stack

Not sure where the improvement would be by removing the stack feature

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, pikov said:

 Evernote is creating the stacks, not me.

Now that's a real problem, and I haven't experienced it.

As I said, on my iPad, I have to go through various steps to create a Notebook Stack.  Evernote does not create the stack

Can you tell use more details on when Evernote created the Stacks, possibly post a screen shot

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, pikov said:

1. I have just a few notebooks so stacks are not needed.

2. Evernote is creating the stacks, not me.

In the desktop version, stacks get created when a notebook is dragged onto another notebook.  Accidents happen, or you have a bug no one else is reporting.

  • Like 1
Link to post

What happens is that I open Notepad and see that one or more of my notebooks is in a stack. I didn't do anything that I know of to cause that.

 

I guess I should just treat that as a minor irritation and go on withg my life. :-) 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, csihilling said:

In the desktop version, stacks get created when a notebook is dragged onto another notebook.  Accidents happen

That has the potential for accidental stacks
On Macs, you have to be in the Notebook page

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, pikov said:

What happens is that I open Notepad and see that one or more of my notebooks is in a stack. I didn't do anything that I know of to cause that.

 

I guess I should just treat that as a minor irritation and go on withg my life. :-) 

If you can live without the left panel, close it using F10 and then no chance of accidentally creating a stack.  You can still get at your notebooks by clicking on the notebook icon or toggle back with F10 when need be.  FWIW.

Link to post
23 minutes ago, csihilling said:

If you can live without the left panel, close it using F10 and then no chance of accidentally creating a stack.  You can still get at your notebooks by clicking on the notebook icon or toggle back with F10 when need be.  FWIW.

What is the equivalent in the Android app? Thanks.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
56 minutes ago, pikov said:

What is the equivalent in the Android app? Thanks.

That I don't know, if it even is, sorry.  IOS user and you can't do it accidentally on IOS.  

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, DTLow said:

That has the potential for accidental stacks

Perhaps so, but it's easy enough to fix it, too. And let's face it, if you're dragging notebooks around, you're only doing it to do stack operations, since notebooks are always sort-by-name. There's no other reason to drag notebooks around.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, jefito said:

Perhaps so, but it's easy enough to fix it, too. And let's face it, if you're dragging notebooks around, you're only doing it to do stack operations, since notebooks are always sort-by-name. There's no other reason to drag notebooks around.

On purpose anyway.  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, pikov said:

But I'm not dragging anything around!

Not saying you did, but I know I accidentally created a stack a couple of times by having a bit of a heavy forefinger when moving the mouse around the notebook list.  So if you aren't, it sounds like a trouble ticket.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...