Evernote is NOT my All in ONE place for my projects

Would be like it to be, however when it comes to website design and uploading images, the most simple way always seem to be direct from Finder in the Mac.

I am curious to know if there is a folder in Finder for the Mac where we can add files to it and they will be automatically added to Evernote without any complicated automating.

I assume there is no way to upload images from Evernote easily, I keep half my businesses on Evernote the other half on iCloud Drive, it's not a big deal but just looking to see if it is possible to easily have all my documents in one place here. Whenever I upload an image online it always goes to Finder, so I assume we can not upload Docs from our Evernote app on the Mac so smoothly...

Anyway just looking to improve my workflow, it's just a small thing here but would help.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dan5819 said:

I am curious to know if there is a folder in Finder for the Mac where we can add files to it and they will be automatically added to Evernote without any complicated automating.

I use import folders on my Mac

This was discussed here

>>Whenever I upload an image online it always goes to Finder, so I assume we can not upload Docs from our Evernote app on the Mac so smoothly...

Evernote is a closed environment.  Attachment files are embedded in the Evernote database.  To access the files outside of evernote, you have to export them from Evernote.

On 22/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, DTLow said:

I use import folders on my Mac

This was discussed here

>>Whenever I upload an image online it always goes to Finder, so I assume we can not upload Docs from our Evernote app on the Mac so smoothly...

Evernote is a closed environment.  Attachment files are embedded in the Evernote database.  To access the files outside of evernote, you have to export them from Evernote.

Would be awesome if they had this ability though, i'd have no reason to keep my website side of my business I could manage it all from iCloud. 

I am curious to know why they integrate import folder on Windows and not on the Mac, code just goes over my head completely. 

On 22/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, DTLow said:

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Dan5819 said:

I am curious to know why they integrate import folder on Windows and not on the Mac, code just goes over my head completely. 

Only the Evernote people would know the answer to that.

One guess is, Macs have a "folders action" built into the Mac OS, it's missing in Windows.  Implementing "watch folder" code would be reinventing the wheel, and deliver a feature with less options with increased load when running.

It could be the Mac OS won't support a "watch folder feature", and it's sort of like asking why Evernote doesn't integrate mouse support on my tablet
Note - I see other Mac apps using a "watch folder feature"

And on a less kind view, it might have been cost cutting and lazy developers.

>>code just goes over my head completely

Understood, and I recognize there's a learning curve.  However in owning a Mac, you will benefit by learning to use Applescript.

Archived