BUG: Evernote 6.10 fresh install: can't update (workaround available)

macmaarten

Idea

I recently freshly installed Evernote 6.10 (454267 Direct) on a MacBook Air running macOS Sierra 10.12.1. As far as I can tell it's fully functional, apart from one thing: it can't update. When I tried searching for updates, Evernote told me it was on an unwritable volume. It advised to move Evernote to the Applications folder first.

Of course, it already sat there. Uninstalling (as in: completely, using AppZapper and then use Pathfinder to hunt down remnants of Evernote) and reinstalling 6.10 didn't help. Same behaviour.

So, I uninstalled 6.10 and installed 6.9, ignored the update messages at first, logged in, synced all notes, turned on the Beta program option (which was my reason to try and update in the first place!), then ran the update from within Evernote. Presto, I'm now back on 6.10 build 454267 without the error message.

I assume all Mac users freshly installing Evernote 6.10 are affected, not ever being able to update.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, macmaarten said:

I assume all Mac users freshly installing Evernote 6.10 are affected, not ever being able to update.

First time I've seen this reported.  

Archived