Password not working on encrypted text on my Mac

Hi,

I use Evernote on a Mac, and my password is not working on text that I have encrypted. Any idea why this might happen all of a sudden? I've been using the same password for years and now it stopped working. I can use the correct password on my iPhone without a problem.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi @Fabrik, welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue to our development team and they are currently investigating a fix. I don't have an ETA on when that will be available but will post any updates as they become available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BSR,

After months of this not working, I cannot believe that a fix has not been made to users. I am paying for the premium app, but I'm not receiving premium service here. I know it may not seem like a lot of money that we pay, but this is a key feature in Evernote and should have been fixed by now. I can't imagine I'm the only person complaining about this issue. Very frustrated user.

Thanks,
Chris

On 12/24/2016 at 1:27 PM, Fabrik said:

Hi BSR,

After months of this not working, I cannot believe that a fix has not been made to users. I am paying for the premium app, but I'm not receiving premium service here. I know it may not seem like a lot of money that we pay, but this is a key feature in Evernote and should have been fixed by now. I can't imagine I'm the only person complaining about this issue. Very frustrated user.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris (@Fabrik),

I definitely realize how this issue is frustrating. I've encountered it myself a few times. The fix is coming in the next version (6.11). I wish I had more specifics I could provide on a release date but I don't have that information at the moment.

The suggested workaround for now is to import a previous version of the note from the Note History. The content should decrypt there.

How to use Note History

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to help. 

Archived