2017 Calendar

Brenda Neckvatal

• 1 month later...

I am curious what someone would use the Calendar templates for? I would assume most of us EN users are trying to be as paperless as possible and would refrain from hard copy calendars or a table-style electronic templates and we would be more likely to use an integrated calendar in a smartphone, tablet or on the computer. 

I save the 2017 monthly calendar template just to see if I could find a use for it. So far, im struggling to find a good use. 

Seriously, what does anyone use it for, I'm curious?

8 hours ago, macneilpi said:

I am curious what someone would use the Calendar templates for? I would assume most of us EN users are trying to be as paperless as possible and would refrain from hard copy calendars or a table-style electronic templates and we would be more likely to use an integrated calendar in a smartphone, tablet or on the computer. 

I save the 2017 monthly calendar template just to see if I could find a use for it. So far, im struggling to find a good use. 

Some people seem to like not having to switch app. However, I do agree with you.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:44 AM, macneilpi said:

As I've noted elsewhere, I used the template as a planning calendar. I could also see them as being useful for event calendars or schedules.

Sometimes you don't want the detail of a group event on a true calendar.

3 minutes ago, Candid said:

As I've noted elsewhere, I used the temple as a planning calendar. I could also see them as being useful for event calendars or schedules.

Sometimes you don't want the detail of a group event on a true calendar.

Thank you Candid, I hadn't considered that. 

On 1/6/2017 at 1:44 PM, macneilpi said:

I've always loved the flexibility of a text-based task management system. It feels much more organic and easy to use than a todo list. That being said, I also like visualizing weeks ahead with a calendar. That's why text-based calendar is perfect for me, which I use in conjunction with iCal. Note: Keywords such as H1, H2...represent habits, as writing down a single capital letter is an easy way to log them. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 6.50.15 PM.png

I wouldn't recommend this system to someone who relies on their mobile devices, as formatting tables and text on mobile devices is a nightmare. 

• 1 month later...

As a uni student I like to link my calendar entries to my notes in evernote so I can check what's on for the day/week/month and go straight from the calendar to the required materials and resources and vice versa. Opening a separate calendar takes extra time and creates distractions. Its also easier to update the calendar within the app. I wish someone would write an IFFT recipe to automatically add the calendar updates in Evernote to my primary calendar (currently Outlook but I would swap to Google or any other reliable, free calendar app if needed).

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, bennetbabe said:

I wish someone would write an IFFT recipe to automatically add the calendar updates in Evernote to my primary calendar (currently Outlook but I would swap to Google or any other reliable, free calendar app if needed).

I use Cronofy Calendar Connector to sync my reminders to my Calendar

I'm looking for a calendar that allows me to insert a daily note and will notify me at a designated time each day. Basically, I want to write a journal entry everyday at 10pm. Does Evernote have a product that will send me a reminder everyday at 10pm to write down my journal note? I want to be able to go back over the past month, year, etc. and review my daily notes. I'd like it synced across devices. Can someone help me identify this product? Thanks

Hello smalo,

I don't know any calendar with that function that integrates with Evernote, except for the deceased Sunrise (which is now part of the Outlook family). You could try Chronofy (mentioned earlier), but it only creates an external calendar link (like Google Calendar) when you set a Reminder. The calendar template in Evernote doesn't have that integration, it is only text. You could also use Swipes, which integrates with Evernote, but maybe it would be easier to use an app like Google Keep along with Evernote. I wrote about it earlier in this topic:

I hope you find it useful!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, smalo said:

I want to be able to go back over the past month, year, etc. and review my daily notes. I'd like it synced across devices. Can someone help me identify this product?

For me, the product is Evernote

My daily journal process is scripted on my Mac58c5b7dde4ec7_ScreenShot2017-03-12at2_03_39PM.thumb.png.3a1091b659c4514792b4cdbe36b3c98a.png

• each day, a new note is created, using my template note
  • the note title is set to the date
  • it would be easy to have the script insert a link into my calendar; 
    I'm not clear on the benefit.  I have a shortcut that lists all my daily journal notes
    58c5bf0470482_ScreenShot2017-03-12at2_33_45PM.png.54a5ac17f647ff56ffe078445bbe8129.png

I could do more automation, but I'm thinking I need to participate in this process

1. I have an ifttt script deliver the weather each morning
     58c5b87ebe32a_ScreenShot2017-03-12at2_06_41PM.png.52ef3e8002aedfb976feb0e353899606.pngI review and copy the text into my journal note
  2. I review my calendar and copy events into my journal note
  3. I have shortcuts that produces my Current Task and Project lists.  I review these and copy-links into my journal note

>>send me a reminder everyday at 10pm to write down my journal note?

I don't see this as an Evernote type function.  My Mac/IOS devices have a reminder feature that works well

Again on my Mac, I have a script running everyday at 1pm to check if the daily journal was created,
and if not, notify me the task is outstanding,  
If this is outstanding for 4 days, steps are executed and my emergency contact is notified

• 4 weeks later...

Archived