Version 6.4.2 update not reflected in "About"

I tried to update Envernote from version 6.3.3 to version 6.4.2, but by using the check for updates link within the application AND by downloading the latest version 6.4.2 from the website. Both ways appear to successfully complete the installation process. HOWEVER, when I check "About" it still shows the previous version number. Does anyone know if my software was properly updated?

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a user-supported forum,  and sadly we have no more access to engineers than you do.  However when I check 'about' in my Evernote,  I see the version number that I expect to see - 6.4.2 etc.  I don't see how it would be possible to avoid an installation setting up the advertised version of the app.  If you are seeing anomalous results,  I'd recommend that you uninstall the current Evernote version,  restart your system,   then download and (re)install the current version online.

First, thanks to everyone who has tried to help me.

OK, I found out that I had two different versions installed on my Windows 10 PC. The older version (6.3.3) is stored in the Evernote folder under Program FIles (x86)\Evernote\Evernote and the newer version (6.4.2) is stored in the Users\Temp\"user name"\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote.  I was opening the older version and was unable to update it. However if I run the newer version, everything seems to operate normally.  

Does anyone know if having both versions installed will cause any problems?

And if so, how do I remove the older version. It does not appear in the uninstall listing in the "Program and Features" section of the Control Panel. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I tend to believe in belt and braces processes when dealing with software.  Providing you have no local notebooks and Evernote is fully synced with the cloud,  I'd suggest copying your new databases folder to a zipped desktop folder as a backup,  and using Revo Uninstaller (free*) to totally nuke your Evernote installation.  Make sure that both locations are empty,  and then reboot,  download and reinstall Evernote again and log in to your account to allow the server to rebuild your database.  That'll ensure you have no system resources tied back to the old files,  and avoid any possible future confusions.  That's just me though - others may suggest less extreme options.. ;)

* http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html - and scroll to the bottom of the page

Archived