Changes made in Preview no longer copy back to Evernote

Hi,

I used to open my Evernote PDFs in Mac Preview (mainly to delete or rotate pages) and they would automatically save back to the Evernote document.

I have noticed that this has stopped working recently - possibly since I upgraded to MacOS Sierra but not entirely sure.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to get that functionality back?

thanks,

James.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, jameshenderson said:

I used to open my Evernote PDFs in Mac Preview (mainly to delete or rotate pages) and they would automatically save back to the Evernote document.

I have noticed that this has stopped working recently - possibly since I upgraded to MacOS Sierra but not entirely sure.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to get that functionality back?

A known problem is that Preview won't allow the updates to be saved; I have to save to a new file then drag the new file into my note.

Its a known problem and Evernote is working on a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

A fix for this should be available in a future version of Evernote for Mac. I don't have a firm release date yet, but I'll update this thread with any information I receive as soon as it becomes available!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2016 at 7:20 PM, BSR said:

Hi everyone,

A fix for this should be available in a future version of Evernote for Mac. I don't have a firm release date yet, but I'll update this thread with any information I receive as soon as it becomes available!

Please push for this, even if an interim update.  It's broken my workflow.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:22 AM, ntahall said:

Please push for this, even if an interim update.  It's broken my workflow.

The fix for this didn't make it into version 6.11, however it is currently scheduled for the next update after that. I don't have an ETA on when that will be unfortunately. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2016 at 2:21 AM, BSR said:

The fix for this didn't make it into version 6.11, however it is currently scheduled for the next update after that. I don't have an ETA on when that will be unfortunately. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Has this still not been fixed?

• BSR locked this topic

Archived