Show time on reminder list

Here's a thought..

Evernote lets me sort my notes by reminder date/time - Cool

Evernote lets me create advanced filters to look at notes for a particular day - Cool

Some guy wrote a book called "Getting things done with Evernote" and now I have a dated task system wherever I am in the world - Love it

Please please please please please please give me the option to put the time against the reminder instead of meaningless (for me anyway) time measures like "16 minutes ago" or "Today".

Did I mention that the iOS version already does this so it would make it more consistent too...

Cheers and NEVER go Evernote Cold Turkey

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Evernote Cold Turkey said:

Here's a thought..

Evernote lets me sort my notes by reminder date/time - Cool

Evernote lets me create advanced filters to look at notes for a particular day - Cool

Some guy wrote a book called "Getting things done with Evernote" and now I have a dated task system wherever I am in the world - Love it

Please please please please please please give me the option to put the time against the reminder instead of meaningless (for me anyway) time measures like "16 minutes ago" or "Today".

Did I mention that the iOS version already does this so it would make it more consistent too...

Cheers and NEVER go Evernote Cold Turkey

Check the box to always get a formatted date.  Tools - Options - Note

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Evernote Cold Turkey said:

Thanks for the feedback. When I try this it just gives me the date but no time.

Maybe I'm missing something?

If you hover that option, the tooltip says "Check this option if you don't want dates to be displayed as "Today", "Yesterday", etc.". But it doesn't appear to have anything to do with time, just date.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Evernote Cold Turkey said:

Thanks for the feedback. When I try this it just gives me the date but no time.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Are you in Snippet view by any chance?  If so try Side List or Top List view.  Funny thing is for some reason time is removed from not Today or Yesterday notes when you check this option.  IAC, here is a screen shot of the note list from in Side List view.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Evernote Cold Turkey said:

Looks like just the job, thank you!

The change of format will take some getting used to but I'll suffer that for the productivity gain :)

You are welcome.  Glad it helped. 

FWIW, my default view is Side List with the left panel closed.  Most of what is in the left panel is accessible in this view with either the ribbon on the left or the search explanation area.  Some items being easier to access, saved searches for example.  All of my saved reminder searches are preceded with an ! so they appear at the top of the list when I click the magnifying glass.  This makes for quick access.  And all of them have a saved view.  Productive for me anyway.

ScreenClip.png 

Archived