Mac OS Sierra Encrypt/Decrypt problems

Ever since I upgraded to Sierra, I cannot decrypt some of my encrypted text.  It says Passphrase is not correct - but I know it's correct because I use the same passphrase on my iPad and iPhone and they still work.  On some notes, it shows encrypted, but all I have to do is right click on "decrypt" and it does, without a passphrase...which is no security at all.  I have Evernote Premium.  How can make this feature work again? 

13 hours ago, DSR said:

Ever since I upgraded to Sierra, I cannot decrypt some of my encrypted text.  It says Passphrase is not correct - but I know it's correct because I use the same passphrase on my iPad and iPhone and they still work.  On some notes, it shows encrypted, but all I have to do is right click on "decrypt" and it does, without a passphrase...which is no security at all.  I have Evernote Premium.  How can make this feature work again? 

Hi @DSR, welcome to the Forums!

This is a known issue to our development team. Would you mind submitting a support ticket regarding this so we can take a look at your activity log? You can let me know the ticket number here and I'll be able to follow up on it for you.

I look forward to your response!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, DTLow, my search of the forums brought up a different thread.

However, though I am about to get a new Mac [obv with Sierra], but I'm currently on El Capitan, so the problem is wider.

What sort of company is it that knows of a critical error like this and does not tell all its users [ie warn those who have not updraded not to do so until it's fixed].

C

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, csbc said:

However, though I am about to get a new Mac [obv with Sierra], but I'm currently on El Capitan, so the problem is wider.

What sort of company is it that knows of a critical error like this and does not tell all its users [ie warn those who have not updraded not to do so until it's fixed].

I found out about the encryption issue from the postings in this forum, icluding the employee post that I quoted.

As to upgrading; I usually hold off on my critical devices until all the bugs are identiified.

Yup, it's all there in Discussions, but why would you look unless you had a problem, or are a really experienced user who gives advice?

Evernote have all our email addresses, indeed this evening I had some stuff about Lisbon from them which was of no interest, but they can't be bothered to warn users off an upgrade until they get it sorted.

Colin

Archived