Text Selection Up with Keyboard Not Working

Dear Evernote Support,

I noticed this behaviour Evernote for Mac Version 6.10 (454269 App Store).

When I select the beginning of a line in the middle of a note, then press Shift and Up arrow to select the previous line, the selection does not go up. The previous line selection flickers but the cursor stays where it was. So I'm unable to select lines above the current line with keyboard.

The workaround is to put cursor after the first character of the line, and then shift and up arrow combination works.

Please investigate.

Thank you!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ilya P. said:

I noticed this behaviour Evernote for Mac Version 6.10 (454269 App Store).

Must be a NEW BUG in Ver 6.10, since it works fine in Evernote 6.9.2 (454158) on macOS 10.11.4.

It is these kind of new bugs in a new, just released version that I find the most disturbing, and are the primary reason that I almost never update Evernote apps for at least several weeks (sometimes months) after their release.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, this happens with all the arrow keys, not just UP.

4 minutes ago, sail said:

I have the same problem - please fix as I am a keyboard junkie and am always selecting, moving and removing text like this all the time. 

BTW, my version is 6.10 (454267 Direct)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

The fix for this issue is in the next beta version of Evernote Mac version 6.11. 

I don't have a specific date when the beta will be released but if you'd like to switch to the beta track, go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

You'll then be notified in app when the beta version is released. Likewise, you can manually check for updates by going to Help > Check for Updates in the app or by checking for updates in our forum here.

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...

Archived