Questions before purchase

MGS1

I use EN personally and was thinking it may be a possible replacement for our current "phone book" that we use at work.  Following are my questions in regard to doing this -

1. We currently work on a hosted desktop environment (basically our own cloud) which runs Windows Server 2008 R2.  I assume EN desktop app will work in this environment, but I would like to know for sure.

2. There would be between 6-8 users on a daily basis, would we need 8 business licenses?   Not sure we really need all the options available on the business plan.

3. Is it possible to encrypt attachments? 

4. Is it possible to share an encrypted note (and attachment) provided the other person is given the passphrase?

5. Is it possible to have different passphrases per note?

6. Is it possible to have a main passphrase which will allow you access to all encrypted notes (if different passphrases per note are allowed, of course)?

7. I am unable to export from the current app we use, but we can print.  Is it possible to "print to EN"?

I apologize for all the questions.  I would have preferred to speak with a sales representative, but when I completed the online contact form I never received a response.  Thank you in advance.

Marilyn

• Level 5*
On 14/11/2016 at 8:14 PM, MGS1 said:

I use EN personally and was thinking it may be a possible replacement for our current "phone book" that we use at work.  Following are my questions in regard to doing this -

1. We currently work on a hosted desktop environment (basically our own cloud) which runs Windows Server 2008 R2.  I assume EN desktop app will work in this environment, but I would like to know for sure.

Hi.  Evernote works on and from Google servers,  so internet access is required

2. There would be between 6-8 users on a daily basis, would we need 8 business licenses?   Not sure we really need all the options available on the business plan.

I'd suggest you start a trial with the free version and a couple of users and expand further if and when required

3. Is it possible to encrypt attachments? 

4. Is it possible to share an encrypted note (and attachment) provided the other person is given the passphrase?

6. Is it possible to have a main passphrase which will allow you access to all encrypted notes (if different passphrases per note are allowed, of course)?

On 3 - 6;  attachments can be encrypted in Third Party software before attachment.  In that situation,  they're not searchable by Evernote except in so far as someone may have saved a summary of the content or keywords in the enclosing note.

7. I am unable to export from the current app we use, but we can print.  Is it possible to "print to EN"?

It's not possible to print 'into' EN,  but printing to a PDF file and moving that file to a note can be automated.

I apologize for all the questions.  I would have preferred to speak with a sales representative, but when I completed the online contact form I never received a response.  Thank you in advance.

No problem for the questions,  sorry you didn't get a sales response.  NB we're a user-supported forum,  so these are my personal views rather than a company response!

Marilyn

Thank you gazumped.  Seems that the best thing to do is to go in slowly using the free version and do all my testing prior to purchasing.  Thank you for taking the time and answering my questions.  Most importantly, it seems that EN cannot encrypt attachments on it's own which I was hoping it could do.  Not a deal breaker, but just means I need to come up with another idea for that!

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-14 at 0:14 PM, MGS1 said:

>>3. Is it possible to encrypt attachments? 

Evernote has an encryption feature, but it's only for the text in a note; not attachments
I use encrypted pdf attachments (as per @gazumped, third party)
- Note, pdf encryption is completely independent of Evernote.

Yes

Yes, on the pdf attachments.
Generally, only a single passphrase is used on Evernote encrypted text but I guess its possible to use different passphrases

Archived