URGENT BUG - Default font can't be changed

I would like to report a bug that is driving me crazy this affects Evernote 6.4 (all versions) running on Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10)

when i change the default font, the change is not saved.  I have tried closing with the X, File > Exit and a reboot.  i have also tried re-installing and as mentioned above have tried on several PC's running Windows 7 and Windows 10.  

I have raised a case 3 times but keep getting stuck with community answers and can't seem to get this picked up by Evernote.  

I am a Premium Subscriber and this level of support is completely unacceptable.  

Please can someone let me know how i can get this issue resolved once and for all.  

Many Thanks

David

• Level 5*

Oh, ok, I assumed by "community answers" you meant the forums here. The link I posted is the route to official Evernote support.

As it happens, I just changed my default font last week on my work account, and it worked fine. 

it clearly doesn't affect everyone, but it's the third time it's happened to me in a few months.  

Firstly on my personal PC (Windows 10) I eventually got this working but i have no idea how.  

then on my work PC, then on my new work PC, and i have been unable to fix it since.  

When i raise a case it gets answered by an "Evernote Expert" but they all say the same thing "Exit by going to File > Exit, otherwise Evernote won't save your changes" i have lost count of the amount of times i have done this.  

https://evernote.directly.com/p/evernote-can-t-change-default-font-2145125?r=2168602

They then say " This question has been rerouted to the company.  Evernote will be in touch soon." but i never hear back

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you get a ticket number when you raise these reports?  If you can post one here we can flag the post for one of the forum admins to look at..  If you didn't get a number,  something is going sadly wrong with the process...  try tweeting @EvernoteHelps.

This happened to me recently as well, but I was able to fix it. I have no idea what the exact steps were.  I think it included closing evernote and restarting it. Then changing to the default font I wanted (first making sure notes were open in a different window). After I saved I think it then worked but I think I closed / restarted Evernote again after that to be sure it wouldn't change again.

Finally got a response, after a few days of back and forth and trying the same things as before i fixed it by simply signing out, it seems to be a different fix every time, but so pleased it's sorted, hoping this is the last time!

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently discovered this issue. I'm stuck with Tahoma 11 whether I like it or not. I change the option, click ok, then go back into options and it's reverted back.

I've tried signing out and back in but it's done nothing. As a Premium User, I'm hoping for a solution soon.

8 minutes ago, paulsharpe said:

I've recently discovered this issue. I'm stuck with Tahoma 11 whether I like it or not. I change the option, click ok, then go back into options and it's reverted back.

I've tried signing out and back in but it's done nothing. As a Premium User, I'm hoping for a solution soon.

Hi Paul,

A couple of things to try;

1. Change font, then File > Exit

2. Change font, then File > Log out

These sometimes work for me

David

On 12/6/2016 at 2:07 AM, paulsharpe said:

I posted about something similar back in May. I eventually sent in a bug report and then got what I believe has been the standard response to all my bug reports: "I'm closing your ticket because we might fix this bug one day."

I'm not holding my breath.

standard evernote response.PNG

• Level 5*
On 09/12/2016 at 3:50 PM, WeCanLearnAnything said:

I'm not holding my breath.

The message did say they're expecting to fix this 'within a few updates' and even offered to mail you when a fix was issued,  so Evernote do seem to be doing all they can... AFAICT it's not something which affects every user - if anyone else is having the problem I'd suggest voting here to give EN an impression of how many folks are affected,  and  contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter- if you have a problem with fonts it's not necessarily this particular issue.  Support will tell you quickly enough if it is.

39 minutes ago, gazumped said:

The message did say they're expecting to fix this 'within a few updates' and even offered to mail you when a fix was issued,  so Evernote do seem to be doing all they can... AFAICT it's not something which affects every user - if anyone else is having the problem I'd suggest voting here to give EN an impression of how many folks are affected,  and  contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter- if you have a problem with fonts it's not necessarily this particular issue.  Support will tell you quickly enough if it is.

I believe there have already been a few updates since May when I sent in the bug report.

Archived