Numbered lists issue in Evernote version 6.10 for Mac

I have a couple of Notes that I use for To-Do lists and shopping lists. I've always had the next number in the list displayed even when there's no entry for it. It makes it easy to add to the list.

For example:

Things To Do

1. Wash car
  2. Feed dog

This was working great up until Evernote 6.10 for Mac. I could open Evernote the next day and add item (3) and hit Enter and continue the list. What I've found now is that Evernote deletes a blank list entry upon sync.

So, I would see this when I opened Evernote the next day:

Things To Do

1. Wash car
  2. Feed dog

The blank entry number (3) has disappeared. Whilst that's not a great hardship, if the list becomes empty, thus:

Things To Do

Upon sync, Evernote reduces this note to just the heading:

Things To Do

This means that I now have to recreate a numbered list again. It's a bit of a pain as my headers are in a different format to the numbered list.

How do I make numbered lists work like they used to (i.e. retain a blank numbered item at the end of the list)?

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I won't be able to help you with your specific problem I think I can confirm that list handling has changed fundamentally with 6.10.

It used to be that I can hit Shift + Enter to add a new line to the existing list point. No it'll always add a new bullet point – which is pretty annoying.

Please, Evernote, fix this!