Is there a way to disable auto set alarm on reminders?'

Everytime I create a reminder on my android phone, it is automatically set to ring the alarm at the exact same time the reminder was created, which is pretty pointless and annoying. This was not the standard behavior some time ago (spent about a month without my phone and got a new one).

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and allow me to set reminders without automatically setting an alarm notification for it as well? So far the only workaround I see is to create a note manually and then set it as a reminder. 

• Level 5*

When you create a reminder, tap the little calendar icon to the right of the name in the pop-up window*.  A larger window opens with date and time choices.  Tap the time to dial in an option.  I don't know of any way to set a preference for every reminder at 0900 (forinstance),  but there is an option to have a once-per-day email from Evernote listing your reminders for that day...  more here: How to use reminders

* Caveat: I'm using the current Android Beta YMMV...  ^_^

That does not solve my problem. What I want is to NOT have the alarm enabled by default everytime I create a new reminder. The only reason I use reminders is to have them neatly organized on to-do lists. I rarely need to set alarms for these reminders, but for some reason Evernote now does this by default. Every single time I create a Reminder, once the procedure is finished, the alarm goes off and I have to manually disable it.

Perhaps there may be some confusion as to what I mean by "Reminder", since I use Evernote in Portuguese and am not sure about what the word used in English is. What I mean by "reminder" is that little alarm clock icon I click on notes to add them to a to-do list. Although the icon may suggest it is an alarm, I use it primarily for organization, and I clearly remember it not setting alarm notifications in the past.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If I create a reminder it doesn't come pre-set with a date or a time,  and if I create dated reminders they're sorted separately from the undated ones.  As the link I referenced says " For time-sensitive reminders, you can also add a date and time...."

It's certainly correct to create a note and tap the alarm clock in the toolbar,  or to tap the "+" and choose the reminder option.  You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your app,  and if nothing changes I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

Archived