Feature request: Clickable Tag links inside notes

Don Dz

Idea

Hello.  Currently we can add tag links to the shortcut bar in the Windows version, and the tags bar.  I would like the ability to have clickable Tag links inside notes also (like with the shortcuts bar), so that clicking on that link in a note calls all notes with that tag.  It would be an additional method of organization, since the top and side bars have limited space.

Thanks for listening.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you Ctrl+Shift+ Left Click on a note's tag in the note header, that brings up all of the notes with that tag in your current notebook filter (All Notebooks, Stack, or single notebook).

• Level 5*

Or just click on the little arrow to the right of the tag, avoid the x.  Or Shift-Left click to the right of the Add tag... and get all notes with those tags in the current context.  After either of these you can change the context to all notes in the search explanation area to see all notes with the tags.

Image.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

Or just click on the little arrow to the right of the tag, avoid the x. .  Or Shift-Right click to the right of the Add tag... and get all notes with those tags in the current context.

Nice -- these I did not know.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, jefito said:

Nice -- these I did not know.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Ctrl-Left Click at some point to search for notes with the current note's tags with an All Notes context, not the current notes context.  A boy can dream.  ;)

Also, edited the above post, it is Shift-Left Click. 

On 11/9/2016 at 10:30 PM, jefito said:

If you Ctrl+Shift+ Left Click on a note's tag in the note header, that brings up all of the notes with that tag in your current notebook filter (All Notebooks, Stack, or single notebook).

On 11/10/2016 at 1:39 PM, csihilling said:

Or just click on the little arrow to the right of the tag, avoid the x.  Or Shift-Left click to the right of the Add tag... and get all notes with those tags in the current context.  After either of these you can change the context to all notes in the search explanation area to see all notes with the tags.

Nice, but not what I am after, I envision something like a poor man's wiki on steroids.

Archived