Learn OneNote Conference

gazumped

• Level 5*

A little cheeky to post in Evernote's forum,  even under the Third Party Applications section,  but lots of folks have an interest in OneNote as well as Evernote..  Check out the latest information -

The Microsoft Office team has announced today the upcoming launch of its first-ever Learn OneNote Conference, a six-days online event that will be open to everyone looking to master the popular note-taking tool. The conference will feature 21 pre-recorded videos of OneNote experts from all over the world who will share a whole range of different use cases as well as their best tips and tricks:

http://winbeta.org/news/onenote-is-holding-a-free-online-conference-beginning-november-12th-its-first-ever

It might be cheeky ;) but it's good information. I use both programs at times and I spend more time relearning ON than I care to admit. At the very least it's good education for those who are diehard EN users to be able to have knowledge about what each program can and can't do. What's that old saying, 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun TzuThe Art of War

Okay that might be a bit intense when referring to software but I haven't had coffee yet and it's the first thing that popped into my head.

• Level 5*

Same situation here - I want to know more about OneNote so I know when it's relevant to use it.  Evernote is my all-purpose 'hammer' and OneNote is something I poke at occasionally...

Hats off to the guy who's (allegedly) promoting this on his own though - it's a well-organised,  solidly thought out fantastic promotion for the product.  If only we'd had this idea for Evernote first!  -Still - let's wait and see how professional the presentations are...  :)

I just downloaded Evernote because I'm switching to Onenote. I have been using Evernote for years then they turned into a money hungry company. I know that Microsoft isn't that far away from them. But at lease they give it to you with Windows 10. Now you can only have Evernote on 2 devices or you have to pay - Well I'm not having that problem with Onenote and I find Onenote to be better and organizing your notes. Thanks for everything Evernote - It's nice knowing you.   

Archived