Move attachment to different note

DCW

So I merged several notes that all have attachments, but mistakenly included one that should not have been included. Apparently I can't "undo" the merge, but is there a way to move an attachment to a different note? Like "make new note from attachment?" Or drag and drop from one note to another.  My workaround was to open the attachment in Acrobat and then email into EN, thus creating a new note, and deleting from the merged note.

There has to be an easier way.

Thanks. 

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, DCW said:

...is there a way to move an attachment to a different note? Like "make new note from attachment?" Or drag and drop from one note to another

How about Cut and Paste

I'd actually be safe and do two steps, Copy instead of Cut

• Level 5*

The individual notes from before the merge wind up in the Trash Notebook.  Don't know whether that includes attachments,  but it would be worth a look - restore the individual note and (maybe) you're back to square one...

Thanks folks.

Cut and paste does work, but not from the right click context menu which was where I was looking. You have to use the menu. Not an onerous burden, but a right click option would be nice. Or even better, drag and drop attachment from one note to another.

And restore from the trash bin also works and brings the attachment along with it.  I didn't know that EN trashed merged notes and created a totally new note. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived