Enable touch scroll and pinch to zoom in PDF annotation on Surface Pro

Adriaan

Idea

Hello

TLDR: Can you please update the Annotate app to include another tool which returns touch control back to windows functions like scroll and pinch to zoom?

I have a Surface Pro type device (HP Spectre X2) and I love the annotation feature for my research note taking. I used to do a lot of annotation on my Android tablet and found the interface to be great.

To my surprise, the interface on the Windows based annotation tool does not have the same interface as the Android app and seems to rely on users having a scrollwheel mouse to navigate a PDF document. It does not have the navigation tool (the 4way arrow button) that allows for touch input to move about the document.

So let me give you a scenario:

I want to use the device as a tablet without keyboard, touchpad and no external mouse. I Want to be able to display the document in a "Fit width" zoom level so I can comfortably read the text. Now when I use the pen or my fingers on the screen, I only have the option of drawing something (whatever tool is currently selected). There is no panning tool, and no support for three finger touch pan or the like within the Annotate app.

As I write this now (on the same device), I find I can scroll the webpage using just a single finger and pinch to zoom the screen. Windows definitely recognises this input, but the Annotate app hijacks all touch to be a mouse input control.

Can you please update the Annotate app to include another tool which returns touch control back to windows functions like scroll and pinch to zoom?

Thank you

5 replies to this idea

I agree completely. I have an HP Spectre 360 and I can't annotate in tablet mode because I can't scroll through pages, or adjust the size of the pdf to work, or erase mistakes I made highlighting (due to me trying to resize or scroll the document). This is a huge frustration since I got this computer to be able to do that for the copious amounts of reading I need to do for graduate school. There are no options for annotating either, so I can't choose to lock any of these should I want to.

Yes, yea, yes. A thousand times YES!

+1, +1000

This has been bugging me and you were able to phrase what i was trying to find a solution for.

i use an ASUS Transformer, and will disconnect the keyboard on occasion.

But I STILL WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH AN ANNOTATION

Evidently this is not a feature for my device.

If i just "view" the pdf using acrobat pro as my viewer, i can scroll and at least have some rudimentary editing capabilities. 

This is such an annoying thing.

I don't believe it would be that hard to put a scroll bar of the side of the window.

I have generated a ticket for this issue - basically a response stating that it probably won't happen.

For the sake of our sanity... OH and the money we spend on this service.... fix the problem.

• Level 5*
On 2/12/2018 at 11:55 PM, pbardini said:

I don't believe it would be that hard to put a scroll bar of the side of the window

Might not be hard,  but on present evidence only 3 people support this - so not worth Evernote investing the time to add a fix for one device to an app that already supports multiple OS's and related generic devices.  Please vote the idea up (top left of this page) if you'd like Evernote to look at it.

Archived