Adding multiple notes

hardya

I used to use google tasks.

When making a shopping list I could easily add multiple tasks, then if I went shopping I could check off what I'd bought and those would drop to the bottom and I'd be left with a neat list of what was left.

I've started using end note and as suggested by many people, to make it work for you, I'm trying to use it for everything.

In evernote adding multiple notes is a real faff and takes multiple key presses, add, type of note, select title field (title field is not the default location) , tick, arrow back, etc.  

On the other hand using the check list text in one note is easier to enter, but the check box is really no more than a glorified character.  After checking, you are left with your remaining items all interspersed with the checked items.

Hope this doesn't sound too pernickety, but my old system did work really well.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, hardya said:

I used to use google tasks.

When making a shopping list I could easily add multiple tasks, then if I went shopping I could check off what I'd bought and those would drop to the bottom and I'd be left with a neat list of what was left.

I've started using end note and as suggested by many people, to make it work for you, I'm trying to use it for everything.

In evernote adding multiple notes is a real faff and takes multiple key presses, add, type of note, select title field (title field is not the default location) , tick, arrow back, etc.  

On the other hand using the check list text in one note is easier to enter, but the check box is really no more than a glorified character.  After checking, you are left with your remaining items all interspersed with the checked items.

Hope this doesn't sound too pernickety, but my old system did work really well.

Any ideas?

Your idea of separate notes for a checklist was interesting.  
It would allow the items to drop from a search when completed

As you noted, Evernote doesn't offer additional features in checklist processing.  
You might checkout one of the add-on programs, for example PaperBullet

• Level 5*

Sadly,  it doesn't look like PaperBullet survived - there's no longer a website anyway.  Like many others I use a third-party app for lists - there are a gazillion of them for most OS's.  I add to the list from my desktop and view / check off items as necessary.  Using Evernote for the purpose seems like overkill.  :)

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, hardya said:

This link http://www.paperbullet.in no longer exists, how do I install add-ons I don't see anything in the app

I don't know whats going on with paperbullet, I see it on the IOS App store at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/downloader-for-ios-8/id931145127?mt=8

It was just an example; I'm sure there are other applications out there

>>What do you mean by an add-on program?  An an attachment?  Or a new installation?

For me, this is a separate application that uses the Evernote data but displays it in a different view

OK thanks.

Anyone know of a check list app (android) that stores user files rather than internal app specific data, then I could stay kind of integrated by using an attachment?

I saw a post that said maybe my idea was overkill and in some ways maybe though small things sometimes develop.  Also I often see people write things 'like' "the reason evernote is not working for you is because you are not using it for absolutely everything"!

Thanks for all the posts.  I appreciate it.

• Level 5*

My two cents, I keep about everything but shopping lists in EN.  For that kind of list I use Wunderlist.  It is multi-platform and you can share lists with others.  Works great with grocery lists.  Whoever gets to the store first can get the items and they disappear as you check them off on all devices.  FWIW. 

Archived