Conflicting Arguments

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Evernote and beginning to really like it. I've encountered my first problem though but I have to preface with my use of EN.

I'm a graduate student in a biomedical lab and I've always had a very difficult time keeping a clean lab notebook (handwriting is awful, time consuming, etc.). I'm looking to us EN as a lab notebook as I can document pictures of my experiments and make quick additions to a given note. I'm wanting to treat a single note in a given notebook as a days work in the lab. I label the note as the date. For the past week this has been very helpful. But I've encountered an issue.

I also use my phone to update a note by giving a picture or typing information while I'm away from my desktop. I looked this morning and my note (as seen from my phone) has multiple copies of my note each followed by "conflicting modifications" and the new information I uploaded. I want to treat the note like a price of lab paper, constantly adding information as I go and then at the end of day have one uniform document. 

How can I fix this?

With thanks,

-Austin

Hi @Austin Holmes -

When you use Evernote on any device it must first sync to our server and then to all of your other devices. If you are editing the same note on two different devices (A & B and a full sync is not initiated (a sync from device A to the Evernote server and then to device B before you edit the note on device B, then a conflicting note will be created on your mobile device or a conflicting notebook will be created on your desktop application. The best way to avoid this is to sync device A after you edit a note and then to sync device B and confirm your changes have transferred to device B before making any edits in the note.

If you see a conflicting note or notebook, review the contents and if there are no changes that need to be made you can delete the conflicting note portion and/or the conflicting notebook. If you'd like to save a particular version of the note, you can copy and paste this version into a new or existing note in your account.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

• 11 months later...
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, Marge Lennon said:

How can you tell what the actual conflict is?  I have 1 master list but 2 conflicting lists in the  one note but don't know which one is the correct one.

Hi.  Depends on your device.  On a desktop,  you can open each note in its own window and compare side by side...

Archived