How can I switch back from Windows' beta to more stable versions

• Level 5*

Hi.  Haven't noticed that the Betas are any less stable than the production version,  but if you do want to change back effective immediately you would have to uninstall / reinstall to be sure.  Slightly less disruptively however - try Tools > Options > General and UNtick 'enable beta features and updates' - see if that makes a difference first!

How to uninstall and reinstall Evernote

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, Samuel Wong said:

As stated in the title, I enrolled the beta Evernote right now, and I'm hoping to switch back to normal releases. Does it mean that I have to re-install Evernote again?

If you uncheck the beta box in settings, you will get no further upgrades until a new GA release is done.

A few courses you could take:

1. Uninstall and reinstall a download from Evernote.com. Note this might not work if database on your computer is upgraded and the current release version cannot read it. In that case, you'd have to delete your local database (assuming you have no "local only" folders.), then install and redownload on that first sync.
  2. Leave the beta box checked and get a few increasingly stable builds until the GA comes out, then uncheck the box.
  3. Uncheck the box and stick with what you have until a GA comes out.

Unless there is something that is really causing you a problem, I'd tend to recommend #2 above unless you are on a mission critical system and cannot handle even the slightest of glitches. In that case, bite the bullet and go with #1.

Archived