MUST HAVE PDF EXPORT ASAP

HI @vadimk14,

You can export a note as a PDF from your iOS device by following these steps:

1. Open the note you want to export as PDF

2. Tap the More icon (looks like three horizontal dots)

3. Tap Share

4. Tap Save PDF to iBooks

5. Tap Private Link

From iBooks you can share the exported PDF via email or you can print to a wireless printer. I hope that helps!

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, vadimk14 said:

MUST HAVE PDF EXPORT ASAP

Can you provide more details as to your requirements?
- why pdf?  It is somewhat limited, for example handling attachments
- is this limited to the IOS platform?
- is this a single note, or do you want a mass export

@amanda_h gave you a solution for a one-of export using iBooks

If you wanted to do a mass export, you might look at the cloudHQ service

• 2 weeks later...

So this is something that is maddening to me about Evernote not supporting (cleanly). I have no use whatsoever for an HTML format export. Here is my specific use case:

• I am trying to use Evernote to track expense receipts (yes, I know it integrates with Expensify, but my company does not use Expensify so that's an unnecessary account for me)
  • For e-mailed receipts (rental car, hotel, airlines) I forward them to an Evernote notebook (easy)
  • For other receipts, I take a picture of them from the Evernote app on my iPhone (or use Scannable)
  • This creates a combination of images and attached PDF's in different notes

There is no option to export to PDF, so I'm left with the Print to PDF option (on a Mac). The problem here is that print to PDF will, ironically, not print the e-mailed receipts b/c they are PDF files. So, all I end up with is a list of the PDF attachments (useless), coupled with actual receipt image for those I took a picture of. My corporate AP folks aren't going to accept an Evernote file format nor an HTML dump full of files...they (reasonably) want a PDF!!

For Evernote to STILL not have a PDF export feature at this point tells me it's more than a technical roadmap/priority issue and there is some kind of philosophical argument against having PDF export (war with Adobe, war on paper, war against getting info out of Evernote...I have no clue). I'm a premium subscriber who uses Evernote extensively (and would like to use it even more...for things like travel receipts), but to still not have a PDF export feature despite years of customers clamoring for it is embarrassing.

Open to workaround for the scenario I've outlined, but I'm not installing a 3rd party app just to be able to export a PDF from Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-15 at 7:33 AM, kylometers said:

So this is something that is maddening to me about Evernote not supporting (cleanly). I have no use whatsoever for an HTML format export. Here is my specific use case:....

It seems your problem is more Combine PDFs instead of Export to PDF format

Since you're on a Mac you could use Preview ( https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202945)

I also use Scanable; an option is to output in PDF format

Archived