I can't annotate anything!

So I have been using evernote on my mac for a few months now.  I just updated my laptop to the newest software and after I updated it I can't do anything with my notes except edit the very first page of every powerpoint when I try to annotate.  It wont let me edit anything! I cant highlight, do text, What can I do? I need to use it every day 

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-02 at 8:13 AM, annboebann59 said:

So I have been using evernote on my mac for a few months now.  I just updated my laptop to the newest software and after I updated it I can't do anything with my notes except edit the very first page of every powerpoint when I try to annotate.  It wont let me edit anything! I cant highlight, do text, What can I do? I need to use it every day 

How are you editing your powerpoint attachments - I wasn't aware this was an Evernote feature

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, annboebann59 said:

I just add my powerpoint to a notebook and change it to PDF format (Sorry forgot to add that detail!!) then click the a with a circle around it to annotate.

There's a known problem with editing PDFs in OS Sierra

The workaround is to not use scrolling.

Switch pages using the thumbnails in the sidebar

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Are you affected by this issue? 

I think that is it except I never use preview, just annotate. But it sounds like the same with the mac software....ugh!

I just add my powerpoint to a notebook and change it to PDF format (Sorry forgot to add that detail!!) then click the a with a circle around it to annotate.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

There's a known problem with editing PDFs in OS Sierra

The workaround is to not use scrolling.

Switch pages using the thumbnails in the sidebar

Okay thank-you! I will try this for now hopefully it works or Ill have to use the mac editor and I would prefer not to.

Archived