How to recover synced notes (after they disappear from my computer)

Hi I'm a free user of Evernote and recently had a problem with the notes on my mac disappearing. These notes were previously synced to the Evernote cloud/servers (confirmed after checking Evernote Web). However, I am unsure how to recover these notebooks/notes from the servers so that I can use them on my mac app instead.

• Level 5*

Hi  You appreciate that your account normally syncs its current state from the Mac to the web and back again?  If the notes are gone from your desktop,  they should be gone from the server too.  If they were deleted normally you should find them in the Trash notebook on your desktop.  If not,  then I'd recommend that you message Evernote on Twitter for assistance.

How does sync work within Evernote?

How to troubleshoot syncing issues

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-02 at 3:10 AM, john44525 said:

Hi I'm a free user of Evernote and recently had a problem with the notes on my mac disappearing. These notes were previously synced to the Evernote cloud/servers (confirmed after checking Evernote Web). However, I am unsure how to recover these notebooks/notes from the servers so that I can use them on my mac app instead.

If you found your notes on the web server, you simply have a device problem

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My process is

1. Reboot the device; it often solves the problem
  2. Delete and reinstall the app
  3. Delete the database and let it be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: the rebuild doesn't include local notebooks or unsynced notes
  • 2 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 5:10 AM, john44525 said:

I am a free user and use Windows Program of Evernote (with sync frequency of 15 min). I experienced lost of some data in my note after I cut and paste some part of it into a new note (the data is text and a few images). I thought it moved everything initially and was doing something else. When I check couple minutes later, I see only some text that I moved and all the images are gone. Here I attach my activity log. I guess the time is after 7:00am on 01/17/17. It seems like the image cache are gone or something.
Is there any way to retrieve the lost data?

Cut activity log Evernote.txt

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dr. Zaw Nyein Aye said:

Is there any way to retrieve the lost data?

I usally retrieve previous versions from backups.  If no personal backups, Evernote maintains a Note History backup

Its a paid feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

Sigh... Thank you for your response and suggestion. Actually, this is not the first time happened to me. Fortunately, the lost data is not much and it doesn't worth a month of paid user (either plus or premium). As a benefit, it reminds me to backup all my (important) data in other platform ASAP. It looks like I better use OneNote.:(

Archived