Odd editing problem - Copy/Paste is erratic

Meraig

On my Mac desktop computer, with the latest version of both MacOS (Sierra) and Evernote, when I copy and Paste or Cut and Paste, the Paste doesn't deliver the full content that I Copied.

When I'm doing a Copy and Paste, this is an annoyance.  When I'm doing a Cut and Paste, as between notes or with a large amount of text, it's a disaster.

The problem doesn't happen in every instance, but it's pretty consistent.  I've noticed it the most when there are bullets involved, and when you make some changes to the destination area before doing the Paste.

Example

• Bullet one
  • Bullet Two

-Copy the above from one area of your note

--go to another area of your note, add an empty bullet or a line

--Then do the Paste.  Nothing gets pasted.  If you Cut the text you wanted to move, it's gone.  If you Copied the content, the original is still there.  If you Copy it again and return to the target point without making any other changes, the Paste will now work.

Insufficient clipboard area?  Some other glitch?  It just appeared with the latest upgrades to MacOS and Evernote.  I use this function a lot, so it's a real problem.  The workaround I've been using is never to Cut, only to Copy and then go back and delete the original content when I'm sure the Copy/Paste has worked.

I am also seeing this problem except I get 1 line which is pasted. So if I select more than 1 bullet, only the bottom most bullet is pasted. This is between 2 Evernote pages.

I am running Evernote 6.10 running on MacOS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. This is new in the last few days as I used Evernote last Friday.

Regards,

Vicky

An update - If I do the paste on a clean area, all the lines I've cut are pasted correctly. However if I put my cursor next to a bullet on the empty line and paste, only 1 line is pasted.

Regards,

Vicky

• 3 weeks later...

Same exact thing is happening to me.  Latest version of Sierra, with latest version of Evernote.  Copy and paste doesnt work when I copy the entire line.  It only works when I copy anything less than 100% of the line or text group.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same problem. I am wondering why this problem hasn't been fixed considering it was first reported on 01 November and text editing is the most basic of functions. Does evernote not have an automated regression testing suite covering this scenario?

• 5 months later...

Any update on this?  I can't cut and paste my notes into documents, gmail, outlook or anything without reformatting it.

It's going to cause me to have to switch to some other note-taking service as taking notes just for myself is not all that helpful

-B

• 7 months later...

Is there any update on this regard? Both using Sierra and High Sierra, the copy and paste is so erratic that I have started to use other note taking apps. It takes a long time to reformat in and out of Evernote, specially when bullets are involved. 

Any suggestion would be appreciate it. I like the app and have my notes since 2013 there. Would hate to move away from it. 

With the latest version of Evernote, and of MaC OS, I no longer have the problem.  And I haven't noticed it for some time; I don't remember when it started to work again, but it does now.

I would recommend that you make sure that your EverNote is up to date.

I am, however, having some difficulties with my EverNote Scanner...

3 minutes ago, Meraig said:

With the latest version of Evernote, and of MaC OS, I no longer have the problem.  And I haven't noticed it for some time; I don't remember when it started to work again, but it does now.

I would recommend that you make sure that your EverNote is up to date.

I am, however, having some difficulties with my EverNote Scanner...

Thanks for the response. I don't have the problem of loosing content when I copy and paste. I do however have lots of problems with loosing format or not pasting anything at all when copying and pasting into and out of Evernote. This is specially true with bullets, where the indentation and font get lost in the process. 

Archived