Can't copy text from OCRed PDFs any more?

Hello EN friends,

I'm confused ... I OCR all my PDFs when scanning them to Evernote (through ScanSnap). When I process the PDF in Evernote, I used to be able to go into the PDF and copy/paste text (because it's OCRed). This is very helpful e.g. when I want to edit the title of my note. But all of the sudden I am no longer able to do that within Evernote. I would have to open the PDF in Preview or Adobe Reader - only then I'm able to mark/copy text from my scanned document.

Did I miss anything?

I use the latest Evernote version on Mac (both Sierra and Yosemite).

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, ENPowerUser said:

I'm confused ... I OCR all my PDFs when scanning them to Evernote (through ScanSnap). When I process the PDF in Evernote, I used to be able to go into the PDF and copy/paste text (because it's OCRed). This is very helpful e.g. when I want to edit the title of my note. But all of the sudden I am no longer able to do that within Evernote. I would have to open the PDF in Preview or Adobe Reader - only then I'm able to mark/copy text from my scanned document.

Did I miss anything?

I use the latest Evernote version on Mac (both Sierra and Yosemite).

Same problem; unable to select text when viewing PDFs online on my Mac

Perhaps connected, links in the PDF don't work when clicked

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-31 at 10:51 AM, ENPowerUser said:

17 minutes ago, just Brian said:

I am having the same problem and for me it is a significant issue.

Workaround - To select text in a pdf; open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader

• 2 months later...

Archived